Spending time outdoors in nature, you can take a break from your regular routine, which will help you blow off some steam. You, however, will not be able to enjoy your stay outdoors without the 6 Ps: proper preparation, prevent, piss poor performance! If you are wondering what supplies I need for Camping, you are in the right place to receive that information.
The items you should take on your camping trip depend on weather conditions and the number of people in your entourage. Still, this article will highlight some essential things to make your stay outdoors enjoyable.
What Supplies do I need for Camping?
When preparing your camping checklist and you are wondering what supplies I need for Camping, the first thing you should consider is how comfortable you want to be when you are out there. If you wish for a glammed-up experience, you must pack quite a bit of supply for the ultimate camping experience.
If that’s not the case, then the everyday camping accessories will do, and we will explain in detail what some of these items are. This camping checklist is divided into sections to make it easy for you to identify the materials you should get for your next camping trip. Let’s now review some of the items in detail.
The first thing you should sort out if you plan on spending some time outdoors is your accommodation needs, which means getting a tent. The type of tent that you choose depends on the nature of your outdoor activities; if you plan on moving quite a bit, you should get a tent that is easy to carry around.
Plan on staying in one place. You can get a slightly heavier tent that is luxurious and offers better protection from the elements. Here is your comprehensive tent checklist.
- Type of tent – You should get a strong enough tent to protect you from the elements. It should also be large enough to accommodate you and the other people you are sharing the tent with
- Tent accessories – You should get the necessary accessories for adequately managing the tent. This includes a tent carpet, a tent footprint, and a tent porch
- Spare tent pegs – A peg can get damaged, and as such, you should have spare ones just in case this happens
- Mallet – For fixing tent pegs firmly into the ground
You also need to sort your sleeping arrangement to enjoy your stay outdoors. A failure to do could leave you fatigued and sore due to lying on uncomfortable surfaces, which could interfere with your plans the next day. Here are some items you might need to ensure you sleep comfortably.
- Sleeping bag – ideal for mobile campers who prefer lightweight sleeping materials
- Sleeping mat/airbed – If you are looking for extra insulation and comfort when sleeping, then you should get an airbed
- Camp bed – If you prefer sleeping on a raised surface rather than on the ground, you should get a camp bed. A camp bed is not the most portable of structures, and as such, you should only consider them if you plan on staying in a single spot for some time
- A pillow – For added comfort when sleeping
- Earplugs – To block external noises
There are other things that you must consider bringing with you to camp if you want to make your stay memorable. They include:
- Camp furniture – They have tables and camping chairs that you set up on your campsite. This furniture provides you with an excellent hangout area where you and your campmates can relax after a long day in the woods
- A toilet – If you have kids, then you can get a portable toilet that the kids can use when it gets dark
- Torch – You need a torch to find your way in the dark
- A rope – Ropes have plenty of uses in a campsite. You can use them to tie things up or as a washing line.
You also need to plan what you will eat when you are camping, and these are some things you need to get to ensure you don’t starve to death when you are outdoors.
- A stove: For preparing your meals
- A water container: For carrying clean water for your out-of-site activities
- Tableware: You will need items such as cups and plates to feed from
- Cooking utensils: Such as pans for preparing the meals
- A-Basin: For cleaning the dishes when they are done
- Matches/lighter: For putting up fires at camp
Anything can happen when you are out there; you need the necessary supplies to ensure you are safe. These include:
- A first-aid kit
- Your personal medication, if you are taking any
- Sunscreen – To protect you from the harmful rays of the sun
- Anti-bacterial hand wash – To keep your hands clean at all times
- A pocket knife
- Insect repellent – To keep bugs and other insects at bay
Before embarking on a camping trip, you need to ask yourself, what supplies do I need for Camping? This will help you determine the items you need to make your stay outdoors as comfortable as possible. Read this article in detail to understand what you should get for your next camping trip.